New Working Papers
- Corporate Tax Havens and Transparency
- Family Firms and Labor Market Regulation, Joint with Sterling Huang,Hannes F. Wagner and Stefan Zeume.
- Estimating the Value of The Boss: Evidence from CEO Hospitalization Events, Joint with Francisco Peréz-Gonzáles and Daniel Wolfenzon, First version October 2011. Invited Alez for Revise and Resubmission (2nd round) Journal of Finance.
- Rents from Politics, joint with Mario D Amore and Kasper Meisner Nielsen.
- EXIT, joint with Vikas Mehrota and Yupana Wannatakang. Current Draft: August 2014.
- Strong firms lobby, weak firms bribe: A survey-based analysis of the demand for influence and corruption (February 2011), joint with Sven E. Feldmann and David Dreyer Lassen.
- Do CEOs matter? (2007). Joint with Francisco Peréz-Gonzáles and Daniel Wolfenzon. Under Alez revision: Due to reorganization of data provision has this paper not been revised nor submitted yet. Front-page of Wall Street Journal, 5. September 2007 and cited in many other business journals. 108 citations at scholar.google.com.
- The Family behind the Family Firm: evidence from CEO transition. (2005) Joint with Kasper Meisner Nielsen and Daniel Wolfenzon. Most of this paper is published in Quarterly Journal of Economics 2007, but it contains a section on determinants of succession that is not in the QJE paper.
Revise and Resubmissions
- Drivers of Effort: Evidence from Employee Absentism, Joint with Margarita Tsoutsoura and Daniel Wolfenzon. JFE, second round.