Published and forthcoming articles (English)
- Do CEOs matter: Evidence from CEO Hospitalization Events, Joint with Francisco PerézGonzáles and Daniel Wolfenzon, Forthcoming Journal of Finance 2017. (this is the merger of our two old working papers: Estimating the Value of the Boss (2013) and Do CEOs matter (2007)
- Corporate Governance and the Environment: Evidence from Green Innovations , joint with Mario D Amore. Forthcoming Journal Of Environment Economics and Management.
- The Family Business Map: Framework, Selective Survey, and Evidence from Chinese Family Firm Succession, Morten Bennedsen, Joseph P.H. Fan, Ming Jian, and Yin-Hua Yeh, Forthcoming Journal of Corporate Finance 2015
- Family Driven Innovation Strategies: How family assets can become liabilities in the innovation process and what family firms can do about it. joint with Nicolai J Foss, forthcoming California Management Review.
- The Value of Political Connections in a Low Corruption Environment (2013), joint with Mario D Amore. Journal of Financial Economics 2013.
- Private Contracting and Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Provision of Tag- Along Rights in Brazil. Joint with Kasper M Nielsen and Thomas V Nielsen. to Journal of Corporate Finance, Volume 18, Issue 4, September 2012, Pages 904-918.
- The capital structure of family firms, joint with Markus Ampenberger and Haoyong Zhou, in Douglas J. Cumming, ed., The Oxford Handbook of Entrepreneurial Finance, Oxford University Press 2011.
- Arm's Length Provision of Public Service. Joint with Christian Schultz, University of Copenhagen. Journal of Public Economics, vol 95, no.7-8, pp.543-552, 2011.
- Incentives and Entrenchment Effects in European Ownership. Joint with Kasper M Nielsen. Journal of Banking and Finance 34 (9), 2212-2229. September 2010.
- The Governance of Family Firms, joint with Francisco Perez-Gonzalez and Daniel Wolfenzon, in Corporate Governance: A Synthesis of Theory, Research and Practice, Baker, Kent H and Ronald Anderson, eds., John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2010.
- The Economic Consequences of Succession in Danish Firms, joint with Kasper Meisner Nielsen, in Company Law and SMEs, eds. Mette Neville and Karsten Engsig Srensen, 2010.
- Private Equity in Denmark - Capital Structure and Taxes, joint with Kasper Meisner Nielsen, Soren Bo Nielsen, and Steen Thomsen, in Douglas J. Cumming, ed., Companion to Private Equity, John Wiley and Song, Inc., 2009.
- The Causal Effect of Board Size in the Performance of Small and Medium/Sized Firms. Joint with H.C. Kongsted and K.M. Nielsen. Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 32, Number 6, pp 1098-1109, 2008.
- Inside the Family Firm: The Role of Families in Succession Decisions and Performance. Joint with Kasper M. Nielsen, Francisco Perez-Gonzalez and Daniel Wolfenzon. Quarterly Journals of Economics,Volume 122, Number 2, May 2007.
- Lobbying Bureaucrats, Joint with Sven E. Feldmann. Scandinavian Journal of Economics, December 2006 - Vol. 108 Issue 4, pp 643-668.
- Informational Lobbying and Political Contribution. Joint with Sven E. Feldmann. Journal of Public Economics, May 2006.
- Adaptive Contracting. Joint with Christian Schultz. Economic Theory,, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 35-50, 2005.
- The impact of a Break-Through rule on European Firms. Joint with Kasper Nielsen. European Journal of Law and Economics, April 2004.
- Vote Buying Through Resource Allocation in a Government Controlled Sector, Revista Politica Economica: iss. 1&2, 2003.
- Lobbying and legislative organization: the effect of the vote of confidence procedure, (2002). Joint with Sven E. Feldmann. Business and Politics, nov. 2002.
- Lobbying Legislatures. Joint with Sven E. Feldmann, Journal of Political Economy: v.110, no4, August 2002, pp. 919-46.
- The Balance of Power in Closely Held Corporations. Joint with Daniel Wolfenzon. Journal of Financial Economics, October 2000.
- Political Ownership. Job Market Paper. Winner of 1998 Young Economists' Essay Competition Award (EARIE). Journal of Public Economics, Vol 76, 2000, Issue 3., pp.559-581.
Working papers under preparation:
- Corporate Climate Change, joint with Mario D Amore and Birthe Larsen.
- Rents from Politics, joint with Mario D Amore and Kasper Meisner Nielsen.
- Political Ownership and the Behaviour of Special Interest Groups. phd-thesis, Department of Economics, Harvard University, 1998.